02. Photo Manipulation

Assignment No.1 Photo Manipulation

For this photo manipulation assignment, I decided to use my own photos i took for my fashion blog over the years. I've edited them by using Adobe Photoshop CS5 and an online photo editor by befunky.com. For these two photos where taken with a self timer.

The first photo, I decided to manipulate the background. I changed it to a different scenery instead of the original one. I added new elements in the photo by adding a lake in the background, fogs and warmer tones. For this purpose, it changes the whole look and the vibes of the clothing i am wearing in the photo. For instance, the unedited photo was a not the best place to begin with. It looks like i just took a photo on my backyard. On the other hand, the edited photo gives you that old classic British movie scene. Overall it adds a nice new aspect to it.

The second photo was a simple editing. I changed the colours, saturation, contrast and added a vignette on the photo. This photo manipulation is one of the easier editing i did. My purpose of this edit, is to make the photo have cooler tones to it and to have that fall and winter effect. As you can see on the original photo, it has more warmer tones to it like it was taken in summer time.

As for the audience, i do think that the first photo will get the audience misguided because there is a huge dramatic change to it because the edited photo looks very commercial. Lastly, the second photo could pass because there were no huge changes in the photo other than the colours because the photo still looks the same but just different tones.

Original Photo 1: Taken with Canon EF 50mm

Edited Photo 1: Edited with Adobe Photoshop CS5

Original Photo 2: Taken with Canon EF 50mm

Edited Photo 2: Edited with Adobe Photoshop CS5 

By Mark Patrielle Bueno Salada

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

01.